Wednesday 27 July 2011

casa two.

Monday, June 5th. Fly-time again. Time to say goodbye to Melissa, North Carolina, and home.

I felt no shame in letting the misty-eye syndrome leak a teardrop or two. Luckily I had two seats to myself... Soaring up and above the east coast I was reminded of the very first time I saw that sight, all those months ago. Talking to the guy I met who studies there, chatting college, sport and all things America, I was filled with anticipation and excitement. Now that seemed like a hazy sepia memory, -the Jess before I was exposed to the absolute craziness of American College Life. ha.

When I got to Heathrow my  parents we waiting with a sign on, (eee), that my mum was waving around. Tearful reunions were continued in the airport as we gratefully ordered 6am cups of tea. My first proper English cup in a long while. :D -- no-one stared at me for putting milk in!! 

So there it is, the party in the USA is officially at an end for all the fledgling international Tarheels! 

The song of our travels! Miley accompanied us to most destinations via Faye's laptop, right up until the end of our very own USA party.

~x~

No comments:

Post a Comment